Monday, February 15, 2010

Birthday Projects

I decided to throw my own birthday party this year. After 21, birthdays aren't so special, so I decided to make it special myself. I am having my own tea party and chocolate swap. I requested that all my quests bring a bag of Treasures or Nuggets to share (hopefully we'll get a variety). We'll trade chocolate and make a box for the little bits of heaven. We are also going to make a card. I encourage each of you to treat yourself to a special birthday this year and enjoy it with your friends.
My mom had a good idea that I also encourage you to adopt on your birthday...instead of a present, ask your quests to bring a donation to a local charity. I requested breakfast bars for our students that don't always get to eat breakfast at school.
The following are my b-day projects Hope my quests like them. :)
My Invitation









Chocolate Box
This is a matchbox type box. I looked the Stampin' Up! catalog for how the template looked (p. 201 of current catalog). Hopefully someday I can have my very own Big Shot and dies, but for now I make my own. I love the little flower. I got the super easy idea from Inking Idaho. I also had to use my favorite chocolate stamp. It's so true. 












Card
This is another one of my favorite stamps.
"Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends leave footprints in your heart." Eleanor Roosevelt

I think the card needs a little something extra, just not sure what it is.




Project for my hubby
My husband is taking classes right now to become a x-ray tech. I'm very proud of him. When he asked for a gift card holder for his teacher, I jumped at the chance to make something special. This is a super easy gift card holder. I LOVE the little flower. This flower idea came from Carrie Stamps. It is definitely a keeper of an idea. 
Cut your paper 4 3/4"x4 3/4". Score at 1 1/2 and 3 3/4, turn and score at 5/8 and 4 1/8. Round the corner as shown in the picture. Cut a strip of coordinating paper 2" x 5 1/4". Wrap the strip around the holder and tape ends together. Attach flower. 

Hope you have a super day and take some time to create.
God Bless




No comments: