Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Chai Tea Recipe

I was never one for hot tea until I visited my sister in England earlier this year. Since then, I've had several tea parties and learned to love the English treat with a little sugar and milk. Though Chai Tea is probably not necessarily English, it still has tea as an ingredient and it's very yummy. The following is the recipe that my mom and I used for Christmas gifts this year and it won't let your taste buds down.

Instant Chai Tea Mix
1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
1 cup powdered nondairy creamer
1 cup French vanilla-flavored, powdered nondairy creamer
2 1/2 cups white sugar
1 1/2 cups unsweetened instant tea
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoons cloves
1 teaspoon cardamom (we made one batch without, but I do like it better with cardamom)

Mix all ingredients except spices in large bowl. Stir in spices and mix well. In blender or food processor, blend 1 cup of the mixture at a time until well blended. Do not skip this step. It gives the tea a great consistency and it dissolves well in water.

To make a cup of tea, place 3 heaping teaspoons into an eight ounce mug of hot water.

Calories approx. 80 per cup. 

The following are pictures of how I packaged it as gifts.






No comments: